- Strong family history of breast cancer (genetic factors-BRCA 2 gene)
- Early menarche and late menopause
- Palpable, hard, irregular, fixed breast lump, usually painless
- Nipple retraction and skin dimpling
- Nipple eczema in Paget’s disease
- Peau d’orange ( cutaneous oedema secondary to lymphatic obstruction)
- Palpable axillary nodes
INVESTIGATIONS: Tripple assessment
- Early breast cancer treatment is aimed at local control with wide excision, lymph node treatment and prevention of systemic relapse.
- Late breast cancer is usually palliative and mostly medical.
Tags: BRCA genes
, Breast cancer
, Treatment of breast cancer