What are the indication for MRI (diffusion weighted MRI ) ?
Nuclear machine studies
- inactive intermittent, small/questionable CFS leak
- Leaks not revealed by CT cysternography.
- Detect presence rather than precise localization.
- Radio isotopes introduced in CSF by Lumbar Puncture /suboccipital to determine its distribution
- Localization may be improved by introducing pledgets into the different region of the nose and examining these with a gamma counter.
Different agents used in diffusion weighted MRI are:
- RA iodinated serum Albumin(RISA)
- Ytterbium 169
- Diethylenetriamine penta acetic acid (DTPA)
- indium 11 -DTPA
Tags: CSF Rhinorrhoea
, MBBS Past Questions
, MBBS Question Bank
, MBBS Questions
, MD Question Bank
, MD Questions