WHAT ARE AN IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION INFLUENCING FLAP SELECTION?
The following factors can influence the selection of flap:
- Skin and soft tissue volume, bulk and colour.
- Pedicle length and vessel caliber.
- Innervation capacity ( Sensory and motor)
- Bone quality, quantity and availability.
- Donor site location to allow convenient resection and harvest.
- Donor site morbidity ( dysfunction/ cosmetic deformity)
Tags: factors influencing flap selection
, flap and grafts
, head and neck flap
, head and neck reconstruction
, MD/MS ENT exam
, MS ENT EXAM
, MS ENT QUESTIONS
, MS ENT VIVA
, WHAT ARE AN IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION INFLUENCING FLAP SELECTION?