What are the advantage of PET scan?
- It helps to measure difference aspects of tissue metabolism such as
- Distribution of blood flow
- Oxygen utilization
- Protein synthase
- It helps to improve the staging of neck.
- FDG-PET can detect more 1 sites compared conventional assessment.
- It help to detect occult 1.
- It is useful in detection of synchronous malignancies as it can scan the entire body for disease which is often not possible other techniques.
- FDG PET is more accurate than conventional methods for assessment of recurrent/ residual disease.
- It helps to avoid unnecessary deep biopsies by assisting the selection of sites for further biopsies in biopsy negative patients.
- FDG PET can detect metastases e.g.hurthle cell carcinoma/Anaplastic carcinoma.
- FDG PET is potentially useful as a surveillance tool for patient c high risk of relapse.
Tags: Advantages of PET scan
, MBBS Past Questions
, MBBS Question Bank
, MBBS Questions
, MD Question Bank
, MD Questions
, What are the advantage of PET scan?
error: Dr. R Content is Protected !!!