WHAT ARE THE DEFECTS OR SITUATIONS WHICH COMMONLY REQUIRES FREE TISSUE TRANSFER?
The following are various head and neck defects that require free tissue transfer:
- Composite defect of oral cavity.
- Three layer (through and through) defect of oral cavity.
- Total or near total pharyngoesophageal defects.
- Extensive skull base defects.
- Massive defect not readily addressed with other techniques.
- Situation where there is lack of other reconstructive options (failure/ patient’s limitation).
- Salvage surgery to chemo-radiation failure.
Tags: defect in head and neck
, FREE TISSUE TRANSFER
, MD/MS ENT exam
, MS ENT
, MS ENT EXAM
, ms ent final year question
, MS ENT QUESTIONS
, MS ENT VIVA
, WHAT ARE THE DEFECTS OR SITUATIONS WHICH COMMONLY REQUIRES FREE TISSUE TRANSFER?