what safety precautions should be taken to avoid LASER hazard?
The principles of the safety are as follows:
- A laser may hit or damage object outside the target area and cause a fire, tissue damage or eye visual damage.
- The patient should be shielded by wet gauze /fire proof material from accidental strikes.
- The anesthetic tube and airway should be protected from accidental strikes that could produce a fire.
- All personal in operating room should wear correct eye protection appropriate to the wavelength of the laser.
- A warning sign plus locked doors should prevent unprotected and unprepared individuals from walking into the operating room when the laser is in use.
- The key to switch or the laser should be held by a senior member of the operating team to ensure only properly qualified individual use the laser.
- The operating room and window should be laser protected.
- Endoscopic equivalent should be blackened to reduce accidental reflective strikes of laser.
, LASER PRECAUTION
, MBBS Past Questions
, MBBS Question Bank
, MBBS Questions
, MD Question Bank
, MD Questions
, PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID LASER HAZARD