WHY FREE TISSUE TRANSFER IS REGARDED AS GOLD STANDARD IN RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY?
The free tissue transfer is regarded as the gold standard in reconstructive surgery for following reasons:
- Immediate reconstruction at the time of tumour resection is possible. Thus it helps to avoid multiple or staged procedure.
- The transfer of well vascularized tissue into a bed that often has less salivary contamination and underlying tissue damage from earlier radiotherapy is possible.
- It significantly improves the wound healing.
- It allows immediate separation of critical compartment, including the aerodigestive tract and intracranial content.
- It improves the ability to manage massive defects that might otherwise preclude surgical resection of tumours.
- It has a better prospect for functional and cosmetic rehabilitation.
Tags: FREE TISSUE TRANSFER
, MBBS EXAM
, MD/MS ENT exam
, MD/MS exam
, MD/MS VIVA QUESTIONS
, WHY FREE TISSUE TRANSFER IS REGARDED AS GOLD STANDARD IN RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY?