AURAL POLYP : QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Q.WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT SITES IN MIDDLE EAR FROM WHERE THE AURAL POLYP ARISES?
- Stapes footplate
- Facial canal
- Margin of perforation
Q. WHY IS THE PROBE TEST DONE IN AURAL POLYP?
- Probe test is done with cotton -tipped probe in aural polyp cases to see:
- If it is painful or not?
- Is there peduncle or not?
- Is it blood staining or not ?
– Seen in infected polyp or in presence of granulation.
- Is there facial twitching?
– If polyp has arises from the facial nerve.
- Does vertigo occur on probing?
– If polyp arises close to the stapes.
Tags: AURAL POLYP
, AURAL POLYP : QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
, DIFFERENT SITES IN MIDDLE EAR FROM WHERE THE AURAL POLYP ARISES
, MBBS VIVA
, MS ENT EXAM
, MS ENT VIVA
, Passing MS-ENT
, Q. WHY IS THE PROBE TEST DONE IN AURAL POLYP?